Cultural Terrorist lies awake at night, feeling guilty that he harbors secret wishes for a new Great War to sweep away the tired old thought and behavior patterns of the 20th century as a hundred years ago artists and intellectuals looked forward to the first Great War. People will die in this new Great War, some slowly. Cultural Terrorist is superstitious enough to think his secret wish for this new Great War will be his fault and people see his secret written on his forehead and will point fingers at him when it starts. Now that North Korea has tested its bomb, he is more worried about this than ever. He has decided to try to prevent this new Great War that sweeps away the tired old 20th century by sweeping it away himself. Hah!
How to sweep away the tired old thought and behavior patterns of the 20th century: These tired old patterns are all around us. They are like pyramids of oranges at a produce stand that depend on no obnoxious little boys sneaking up and knocking the bottom corner orange off and sending the whole thing crashing to the ground. Given enough time, the obnoxious little boy will come along. The fruit vendor is a nervous wreck because he knows this.
One of my favorite tired old ideas is Equality. Equality is a pyramid of oranges dependent on everyone pretending that they do not know what they all know. What they all know is this: Equality Sucks. How do we know that they know this? We simply remember the old cartoon in Playboy where the naked guy in bed with two naked girls kissing him is saying into the telephone, "Of course I love you. I love everybody." No one would agree to wedding vows that promise to love each other equally with all 6 billion other human beings. And children whose parents treat them equally with all other children will grow up to be mass murderers.
Equality Sucks. Tolerance Sucks. I hate tolerance. Intolerance makes me feel alive. I am intolerant of many things. I am intolerant of Rapists. I am intolerant of Nazis. I am intolerant Cruelty to Animals. I am intolerant of people who would tolerate me if I were a Nazi rapist who throws cats off the roof. Tolerance is a pyramid of oranges. I hope we can sweep it away without a new Great War.
Equality Sucks. Tolerance Sucks. Social Justice Sucks. Social Justice is the basic right to other people's stuff. It is a pyramid of oranges, just trembling in its boots for fear that some one in the room will point this out.
Equality Sucks, Tolerance Sucks, Social Justice Sucks, and Jobs Suck. Jobs are a pyramid of oranges. The whole civilization is dependent on no one pointing out that a job is where you get up when you want to be in bed, you produce goods and services that no one really needs and you take orders from idiots. No one really wants a job. They claim they want a job and some claim they actually have a right to a job, but the truth is we all hate jobs. We are made to hunt and gather and sit on the beach with a cold beer.
To be continued, hopefully on a day when Cultural Terrorist got up on the right side of the bed.
Thursday, May 28, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment